Bosch/Fein

To possibly solve the 'will it fit' debate there are some good pictures of the Bosch blades here;

anyone compare these to the Fein blades?

We need to know!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Just buy both and attempt cross-blading!

Then report back here...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Well I've got a full set of the Bosch blades if someone would like to lend me a Fein!

Newshound

I expect the Bosch blades would fit the older clamping mechanism on the Fein, since we have verified the central hole is the right size and that is all they need; they rely on tightness of the screw alone to hold the blade firm. The Bosch blades suggest the Bosch has some form of pin that locates in those holes on the periphery. If that is the case there it would not match the profile on even the newer Fein blades that have a "wobbly" edge to the annulus of the hole. However an old cut down bosch blade with the blade part retained just as a spacer to "absorb" the mounting pin may allow a fein blade to fit.

Fein also do an adaptor to allow the new blades to be mounted with positive registration on the older machines. This could probably be modified to fit the bosch.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its 'pins' John, about a dozen.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:18:01 GMT, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

Email me your address and I'll send you an old Fein blade to try. That's the only definitive way!

If anyone wants to send me a Bosch blade I'll do the same.

Reply to
Lurch

You show me yours and I'll show you Fein (sorry, mein).

Reply to
Andy Hall

>>> Can anyone compare these to the Fein blades?

Martyn Pollard is already posting me a Fein blade - report as soon as I get it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How long are the pins? Do they stick right through the blade, or come out about level with the surface?

Reply to
John Rumm

The latter.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And how is the blade held in position? If it is a screw and washer type arrangement then it sounds like there may be a workable solution. Take old bosch blade, chop off the blade bit and then mount it on the machine as a spacer, then follow with the Fein blade. The only issue then would be the loss of centralisation of the second blade at a guess, however if the screw is done up tight that may not matter.

Reply to
John Rumm

It is a machine screw & washer. Guess that might work. Right now though the Bosch range, albeit basic seems good enough for my use.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed.

It covers most jobs except tiling I would have thought...?

Reply to
John Rumm

They do a "Hard Metal Riff Segment Saw Blade (85mm Dia) (for cutting tiles, cutting into walls & tile grout removal) "

Which I am just about to order - £17:99

Reply to
The Medway Handyman