Bosch PMF180

FYI Axminster now do the blades

The Medway Handyman

Stuart B

Probably. The shelves at Axminster are bare according to the stocklist for these blades.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Didn't appear on either my Blueyonder or Motzarella readers so I assumed it was lost in space.

Flakey this internet malarky innit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

blades

> --

I had convinced myself that I need this tool, but at a show today I saw a Fein unit in use and the noise from it was quite loud and a bit high pitched.

Is this Bosch one loud and uncomfortable in terms of noise?

Also the guy was demonstrating the Fein ones with the quick release mechanism, but watching him, it does not seem a significant advantage to using a spanner. I would estimate the time difference between each type would be a few seconds, and in terms of ease, not really any difference at all.

dg

Reply to
dg

Is anyone aware if the pneumatic version of the Fein is available in the UK? It's sold in the USA but I'll be damned if I can see it on the UK website.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Never heard a Fein but yes the Bosch is loud & high pitched. Having said that mine has never been used for a long enough period to annoy me. By which I mean it has done the job quickly.

Bosch has an allen key to change blades, not found that a problem. You tend to know which blade you need, so rapid change isn't a feature I'd need.

I'm very pleased with the Bosch, use it quite a lot, but only for short periods.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How does it fare as a sanding tool? Does it take the same size of delta sanding sheets that seem to be widely available for regular delta sanders? e.g.

Styx

I was surprised at how good a sander it is, much better than any delta sander I have used. Yes it takes standard velco type delta sander sheets.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for that. Going to have to get one soon...

Reply to
Styx

It is, in that the QR version with the pins also avoids the tendency of the saw blades to creep around slowly on the spindle. If you're using the long narrow ones with a one-sided cut, then this can get annoying.

As far as the QR aspect goes, then it's no problem to use the Allen key (which isn't quite a standard Allen, but an Allen is also usable)

Reply to
Andy Dingley