Extra long (wide?) wing nuts wanted - where might I find some?

I'm after a couple of M6 (or thereabouts) wing nuts which have longer 'wings' than a standard one. I.e. a standard M6 wing nut is probably

25mm or so across (possibly less) and I'm after one that's, say, about 50mm so that it can be tightened rather tighter than a standard one.

Any suggestions as to where I might buy some and/or other ways to attain the same end?

Reply to
tinnews

Don't know about the wingnuts - but I see to drecall that either Maplin or CPC stocked those 'big-plastic-knobs-with-a-thread-inside' - as you might find on A/V kit - adjusting stage lighting etc....

Actually - that's a thought - you might find 'somebody' who does spares for stage lighting kit - no idea what the threads might be - but would be in the region of M6...

Sorry to be so vague - but might set you off in the right direction..?

Adrian

Reply to
adrian

Try these:

Sla#s

Thats the sort of thing[s] I'm after, thank you. I can try Farnell and RapidRecall as well I guess.

Reply to
tinnews

Any good?

The Medway Handyman