Fein/Bosch Blades

Many thanks to Martyn Pollard who took the trouble to post me a used Fein blade.

Both blades have the same size centre hole, so each will 'fit' the other in that respect.

The differences are that the Fein blade has 8 cut-outs in a star shape, whereas the Bosch has 12 holes. The Bosch blade holes are on a larger PCD than the Fein cut-outs.

John Rumms idea that using an old blade cut down as a spacer, in order to make the studs flush would therefore work, but fitting a Bosch blade to a Fein, or a Fein blade to a Bosch would rely on getting the centre bolt tight enough to avoid play.

The Bosch studs fit flush with the blade surface, don't know how the Fein works - are they flush as well?

So in short, they are not interchangeable as standard, but with an old blade as a spacer and enough welly on the bolt, a bodge is possible.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The star pattern cutouts are not in fact used on the original multimaster. The supercut uses them I believe, and possibly the newer version of the multimaster with the cam operated quick locking mechanism.

On mine, you simply choose one of the supplied hex headed bolts[1], locate blade hole on the slightly protruding spigot, stick the bolt through and tighten. There is no positive registration of the blade position, its all done on the bolt tightness.

You can buy an adaptor for the fein[2] (which I suspect could be drilled to accept the pins of the Bosch) that will then positively locate on the star shape in some of the fein blades.

[1] Bolts

Adaptor

John Rumm