Bosch dishwasher filling problem

In message , at 06:25:53 on Mon, 15 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

His symptoms are exactly the same as mine.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:09:09 on Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

His description of the amount of water circulating "you can just witness some feeble jets of water coming from the washing arms, too feebly to make them rotate" exactly accords with what I observe in my washer.

I don't know of a mechanism which would allow, say, 10% of the fill to happen, rather than either 0% or 100%. Mine exhibits the symptoms above with 0%.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:50:52 on Wed, 17 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

"On a rinse cycle it seems to work okay", so water is added later, just like mine.

Mine isn't scaled up. I took it out and checked. It also allows the normal amount of water in for the rinse cycles.

I'm sure it doesn't have "smart scale" that prevents wash water entering but allows rinse water.

I don't care what you believe - that's what happens.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:35:49 on Thu, 18 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

I've taken the solenoid out and examined it. No scale.

However often you say that, the evidence is otherwise.

Although there's a third possibility, which is that the operation I observe is the result of a control fault. If so, how do I cure that fault.

Unlikely. It was bought locally by a high-end builder 14 years ago, albeit branded Siemens.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:58:24 on Fri, 19 Dec

2014, Rod Speed remarked:

But given that later in the cycle his machine let rinse water in, I suspect we can conclude it's not a blocked valve.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 09:42:56 on Sat, 20 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

It lets none in - have you forgotten so soon that I've observed the flow in the transparent pipes in the side of the washer.

First use (wash) no flow. Second use (first rinse) full flow.

That doesn't match your diagnosis.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:59:47 on Sun, 21 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

His reported symptoms (which you freely admit are rare enough not to show up in Internet searches, so that people can give the dishwasher-DIY equivalent of the massively unhelpful "have you tried turning it on" and "why don't you re-install Windows) are exactly the same as mine.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:01:08 on Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

If you are admitting that you told a lie when saying:

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 21:20:01 on Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

I never do that

Psychologists call that "morroring"

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:45:24 on Tue, 23 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

A typo; should have said "mirroring".

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:30:45 on Wed, 24 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

No, it's fact; but a bit off topic.

As it's Xmas, you can have the last word, as long as it's not derogatory.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:06:19 on Thu, 25 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

Oh dear. You lose.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:48:53 on Thu, 25 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

Is "f*ck you" non-derogatory?

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:09:12 on Sat, 27 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

That explains a lot.

It does, because you were given an opportunity to 'stop digging', and threw it away.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:06:13 on Sun, 28 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

In your dreams.

But you did.

Why not have another try - reply in a conciliatory fashion.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 08:48:29 on Sun, 28 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

Except I haven't. Although it's been a useful learning experience that certain posters use exaggerated language which leads others such as myself to think they are being critical. But then they [you] admit it's in effect just routine banter.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:33:11 on Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

When you consider that the dishwasher has an intermittent fault, then many odd things might happen.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 21:34:07 on Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

It was completely reproducible until I emptied the 'flood detecting' cavity in the chassis. After that it started working.

What I should do is go back and see whether there's any water in that cavity now. But rolling around on the kitchen floor (to get access to the built-in washer) during the Xmas holidays is not very high up my priority list.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 06:21:34 on Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

Did you miss my posting earlier today which said it happened again recently?

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 07:49:42 on Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Rod Speed remarked:

I don't know where that earlier posting ended up, but what I said was that the fault had re-occurred a couple of days ago, just once, but not again since then.

[With the family home for Xmas we run the washer about twice a day].
Reply to
Roland Perry