connecting mains outdoors

Any suggestions for connecting mains outdoors and ensuring it is waterproof? I have purchased a new flood light and it come with a cable about 9 inches in length and I need to connect it to the existing cable to the old lights.

Reply to
Broadback

In message , Broadback writes

Metal 20mm 2 port besa box and 2 20mm stuffing glands with some choc' block inside. Waterproof and robust.

or

Or similar.

Reply to
Bill

Use one of these with the entry points facing downwards and a rubber sealing gasket under the lid along with the cable entry glands mentioned previously.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

You can buy waterproof joint boxes and various glands to mak a waterproof joint. Screwfix has them.

Reply to
harryagain