Zanussi Dishwasher not filling

Zanussi Aquasave DW 917 approx eight years old.

I have cleaned out the main filters, including the filler hose filters, removed the two blue level indicators under the main large circular filter and cleaned them as well. Everything else works fine once you manually fill it with water. I don't hear the solenoid inlet valve click at the beginning of the fill part of the programme. My knowledge of how the water level is determined in the dishwasher is nil so I don't know if the inlet fill solenoid valve is OK or if it's the control circuit that triggers it or if it's something else entirely. In the meantime I sit and wait for each stage of the cycle to finish before refilling the water ...ho hum.. Any help would be appreciated. PatM

Reply to
Pat M

Hi,

Try reading the resistance across the solenoid valve with a multimeter set to ohms, though unplug the machine first. If it's very very high, say >20k ohms, or open circuit (off the scale) then it's probably the valve.

If not then it's most likely to be the controller or wiring, though there is a very slim chance the valve could be stuck.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi,

One more thing, when checking the resistance across the solenoid valve, disconnect the wiring to it first, making a careful note of how it's connected.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Sounds like. It might be worth taking a look at the new Washing Machine FAQ. The filling arrangements are probably similar

If not then it's most likely to be the controller or wiring, though

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to