BMW car alarm

I know there's at least one BMW driver here, so here goes...

BMW 525TDS, 1993, UK. Can anybody tell me the location of the alarm unit (standard BMW fit) for this model? Mine has gone a little weird, and BMW want to charge from £200 to £426 to mend it.

And the local BMW garage has just charged me £68 to tell me that my alarm is broken. That's £98/hour + VAT.

Reply to
Grumps

my what reasonable rates ;-) (try park lane bmw) afaik the unit is behind the glove box - for more info try posting on e36coupe.com ( a few peeps there have 5's and are very technical )

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks. I'll see what those lot have to say.

Reply to
Grumps