Blue-tac stains on paint?

We're in a rented house, moving out soon. We've had stuff stuck to the painted walls with blu-tac for about 18 months. Looks like there're gonna be nasty little round stains from the blu-tac.

Does anyone have any great ideas to remove them? Someone mentioned white spirit to me, but I reckon that'll take the paint too, or am I wrong?

TIA,

Reply to
Ian Cowley

ISTR they, blutac, reccomended lighter fluid in the past... "test in inconspicuous place first"

Reply to
ritchieaber

That was the first substance that I thought of for a similar reason.

Of course... at least it fully evaporates, white spirit doesn't and leaves a oily deposit.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

IIRC lighter fluid is the recommended solvent - dab rather than rubbing.

Reply to
Rob Morley