blue tac on rough surfaced bricks

I have a part time job at a primary school and I have a problem with the teachers using blue tac to attach paper to the walls.

How can I get rid of the residue of blue tac that insists on staying stuck to the wall. There is no shortage of the stuff around the school, so no easy fixes for a single blob on the wall please :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote | I have a part time job at a primary school and I have a problem with | the teachers using blue tac to attach paper to the walls. | How can I get rid of the residue of blue tac that insists on staying | stuck to the wall. There is no shortage of the stuff around the school, | so no easy fixes for a single blob on the wall please :-)

If the walls are white or off-white, then a longer term solution might be to ban blue tac and use white tac.

Otherwise I suggest you make the teachers stay behind after school one day and remove the mess blob by blob.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Haven't tried it, but one idea that springs to mind is that chewing gum remover spray which freezes it. It might then come off with a stiff brush.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

In message , snipped-for-privacy@MJ.com wrote

Just seen this tip on TV, roll large ball of blue-tac over the blue-tac residue. The idea is that blue-tac sticks better to itself than to the wall surface.

Reply to
Alan