Blowing Neighbours smell away

Reply to
Gib Bogle

You think people who don't like tobacco smoking are puritans? Sillier and sillier.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

In message , 'Mike' writes

Mmmm ... nicotine

Mmmm ... the hit from that first cigarette in the morning

Err ... Mmmm - gobbing up half a ton of brown phlegm 10 minutes later

Reply to
geoff

I think it would make sense to legalize cocaine and ban tobacco. Smokers could then switch and become coke-heads. Cocaine is both less harmful to the user and harmless to bystanders.

Does this make me a puritanical fascist?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Even if we take health effects completely out of the equation, smoking around people who hate tobacco smoke is like farting in a crowded lift. Extremely discourteous. Although, according to TMH, anyone objecting in this instance would be a stupid, puritanical fascist.

A big river in Africa.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

LOL

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Oh dear :-((

Another person with an inability to answer simple questions, but the ability to jump to wrong conclusions. AKA a f****it.

Reply to
Judith

Here is a clue: it was your brother who died - not you.

(Another clue : primary smoking is not secondary smoking)

Reply to
Judith

Yawn.

You are.

Reply to
Judith

Another f****it jumping to wrong conclusions.

Reply to
Judith

In message , Interloper writes

So some say, but why ?

There is no hard evidence to support it and few have died from it

Reply to
geoff

they don't ?

Reply to
geoff

playing in smoky jazz clubs

lymphoma in cats and the likelihood of them developing health complications increased the longer they were exposed to passive smoking.

Yep - that's proof if ever there was any

Reply to
Judith

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Well, report back when you've been cured of your addiction to stupidity

What drugs have you tried dennis ?

Alcohol caffeine ketamine

?

What has addled those grey cells in your cranium?

Reply to
geoff

Not read it but ...

I think that the general thrust is that he has gone out to find real facts rather than the oft peddled assumptions

Paul Gadd's sexual preferences are out of tune with the current commonly accepted norms. I'm not sure what the relevance is

Reply to
geoff

Well, the facts are, if you smoke (not talking about secondary smoking)

you are clogging up your lungs with tars and other carcinogenic substances, impairing their ability to function properly

the carbon monoxide you inhale preferentially attaches to the haemoglobin, further reducing the body's ability to get oxygen to the cells which need it to produce the energy required to function correctly

There are no real benefits from smoking ( slight improvement in memory aside) - no high, no tripping, no benefit to the body

They are now seriously expensive - what, £7/packet

So it begs the question - other than the nagging little voice of addiction - why would any rational human want to smoke?

Reply to
geoff

Sprouts

Reply to
geoff

So, why do you smoke?

Reply to
geoff

Which ones ?

Good, though, isn't it

Reply to
geoff

There should be no more publicly accessible smoke filled rooms

Yeah - good, isn't it

Reply to
geoff