block paving - spacing nibs

I found some concrete 100x200x60 blocks to extend my block paving in Buildbase. Then thought I ought to check the spacing nib layout, thinking it would probably be standard. Lo and behold, it was a mirror image to the spacing on my existing blocks (they matched when one block was upside-down) so that all the nibs would clash on the old/new interface. I bet there is a standard mould, and the manufacturers put it upside-down. And of course the suppliers never even consider this, since a batch will always match. So now I will have to trawl round the Midlands looking the some matching blocks. Oh well ... Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Couldn't you just knock the nibs off the first joining row and carry on from there ?

I bet there is a standard mould, and the manufacturers put

No actually, the nib design is individual to the manufacturers. All the moulds are made to order by a few suppliers, manly German.

The different nib designs & spacings are just about the only way that you can tell the manufacturer of he blocks once they are out of the packaging.

SalesGuy

Reply to
salesguy