how to remove nibs from paving blocks?

Hi,

What's the easiest reliable way to get rid of the nibs that stick out from concrete paving blocks?

I'm considering using blocks that are 200mm x 100mm x 50mm - widely used in block driveways, coming in yellow, pink, grey, etc. - to make the outer edge of a hearth. The show surfaces need to be flat.

I don't think an angle-grinder would leave a flat surface. Would a hand- held carbide file do the job?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

Reply to
Harold Davis

Even if you grind them off, they will have a different surface texture and look awful. Think again for material sources I reckon.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob Minchin wrote in news:n0j319$g84$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Couldn't the right kind of sealing deal with that?

Harry

Reply to
Harold Davis

Yep, don't think they'd look great indoors, when cutting them you usually reveal more aggregate than is visible on the surface.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Try one, dip it in mud, wipe it off & see how it looks. I'd probably use an angle grinder.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It sounds an awful lot of work with unknown result.

I would get the bricks / blocks I didn't need to modify. How many are we talking about?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Fredxxx wrote in news:n0ja7g$jtu$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Yes, on consideration I think you're right. We're talking about 3 linear metres.

Harry

Reply to
Harold Davis

I would look for a matching kerb block and use that along the edge.

Reply to
Nightjar

I presume 15 blocks? Plus spare and for corners.

Reply to
Fredxxx