How to remove teak oil stains from concrete paving?

OK I think I have found the answer:

Malcolm H

NT

Reply to
NT

Is it cheaper than neat washing up liquid? That's what I've used in the past for engine oil drips on concrete. Liberal application of neat washing up liquid, work it in with a scrubbing brush and leave. Let the rain wash it away. Not "instant" but it works.

I'm not convinced about the biological side of that product. I'd like to know an awful lot more about the bacteria it contains.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

stains a few years back and it was amazingly good. Hadn't seen it offered for a while though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Agreed, a natural oil like 'teak' should be relatively easily saponified and will then wash out. Second thoughts, would the carbonate in the concrete then turn it to scum instead. School chemistry getting rusty!

spamlet