Big flash, faulty cable?

Not in my house thankfully, but up the road. Certainly lit up the sky somewhat.. and set fire to several houses according to reports.

Dunno what voltage, but they are huge pylons and appear to feed the main Folkestone substation so significant :-)

like no one seriously hurt thankfully... certainly made our lights flicker impressively and took out 3 of the 5 bulbs in the dining room

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

claims it's 132kV

Reply to
Andy Burns

Was a spectacular flash when it went apparantly :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

On Thursday 10 January 2013 20:08 D.M.Chapman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Fuck. Wonder if that garage still has a roof?

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Thursday 10 January 2013 20:35 Andy Burns wrote in uk.d-i-y:

What's wikimaps?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Andy Burns

On Thursday 10 January 2013 22:21 Andy Burns wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Reply to
Tim Watts

Quote: "Nearby cities: Calais, Hastings, Southend-on-Sea".

Reply to
Davey

I live on the north Kent coast (Herne Bay) and I often get Southend quoted to me by 'store locators' as 'nearby'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've had some where near the Great Lakes returned as a "nearest store". This was for a multinational chain, I think it was either Tesco or Asda (Walmart).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Similar here (near Blackpool). Southport is an hour's drive away, but only about 4 miles ATCF across the Ribble estuary.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

When I lived in North Devon I got Swansea stores back in the nearest searches. That's about 4 hours driving away.

Do I win?

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

We haven't yet received the submission from the Falkland Islands...

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Argos does't recognise FIQQ 1ZZ as a valid postcode.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Garage does, but the shed behind it went up in smoke

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

You mean *The* Great Lakes as in Walmart, 100 Thruway Plaza Dr, Buffalo, Erie, NY 14225, USA

Reply to
Graham.

I don't know if it was that store but certainly the other side of the pond!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice