Fill Coax Cable Hole in House?

I pulled out some old Coax cable that was run on the outside of my house and a hole was drilled into the side of the house to a room. What material is best for filling a hole like this?

Reply to
Al Franz

Before we can give you a useful answer, you must tell us what kind of construction and materials are involved. You may want to do several things, since wall assemblies are usually made up of several layers of different materials. T

Reply to
tbasc

I'd use silicone caulk on the outside, spackle on the inside.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Trying to put some wiring in an outside wall, I drilled down from the attic and came out the wall to the outside about a foot below the roof, on the second floor!! I was annoyed at myself, but the house is dark brown, the same color as one of those caulks, and I put in 20 years ago, and I've never noticed the hole again. That stuff is great.

Reply to
mm

Material appropriate for your house's construction.

Need more info.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

He could be the first wigwam on the street with a caulk patch?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You may be fight. I figured it was not an igloo because he could just pee on it and let it freeze.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

on 7/20/2008 5:00 PM Edwin Pawlowski said the following:

But that would result in a visible patch!

Reply to
willshak

The house has cedar shingles on the outside and drywall on the inside. Other then 2 x 4 studs and insulation not sure what else is in there. What ever was used in 1984 in the Pacific Northwest.

Reply to
Albert

Is it possible to replace a cedar shingle? If color/weathering matching is a problem, maybe swap with one behind a shrub, under the deck, etc.

Drywall is easy.

-- Herb snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein

A dab of bondo, raked to match the texture, and then spot-painted to match, will take care of the outside hole. Maybe shove a little fiberglass in with a screwdriver to block the air path, or use foam-in-a-can, if you have some other projects that need doing. (Once you start those cans, forget about putting them back on the shelf.) Inside, a dab of spackle will cover the hole.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Maybe that's how he drilled the hole in the first place? So, the patch would be a snow ball crammed in.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Al Franz" wrote in news:99mdnXloIbh52h7VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Fuschia concrete will fill a hole.