Best Rated threads in UK Do-It-Yourself Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Honeywell CM927 control unit- LCD display issues LCD
The LCD display on the remote unit displays all symbols. I am unable to change/ alter the date, time or program. We haven't used the unit in a couple of months as had the heating turned off. While not...

after changing kitchen mixer tap hot water just a trickle
hi, i have a gravity system in my house. non-pressurized boiler and i have no space to lift my cold water cystern or hot water tank, i also don't want to buy or run an electric water pump. due to a...
26
26

City Fibre potential installation......
City Fibre are currently installing ducting in my road for FTTH (Fibre to the Home) This apparently will provide an optical fibre to the inside of the house where it will terminate into an ONT...
10
10

PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of standard fused spur switch?
Please can anyone advise if i can use a PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of a standard fused spur switch. I understand that my RCD fuse box will cut incase of any fault but would like to replace...
19
19

Washing line ground socket size
My next project is laying a patio, and I want to include a ground socket for a rotary washing line. It'll be concreted in, so won't be easy to replace later without damaging the slabs. Is there a...
6
6

screwfix suddenly giving access denied
When I try and connect to from my home LAN (same on laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access / on this server." It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP...
3
3

Replacement front glass for PIR floodlight?
Hi all I bought an IP65 LED PIR floodlight recently. Whilst preparing it for use (greasing up the threads of the front screws holding the glass on, mainly), I tightened them up too far (or unevenly),...
15
15

Installing a Stannah stair lift 260
Please help. I bought a Stannah stair lift 260 for my father and I tried to install it today. I can?t work out how to get the chair on to the rails. As it so heavy I tried to fit the chair to the...
1
1

Light switch is stiff.
I have a couple of wall light switches that are stiff (rocker type), is it worth or safe to spray the mechanism with say graphite lubricant or a case of just replace them.
18
18

Small diesel starting problem
We have a Stiga mower with a Hatz 1B50 diesel engine. When cold it starts easily as long as the battery is in good condition. However it's near impossible to re[start] when it's hot. It has a fairly...
56
56

Cleaning sink stainless steel (caustic soda?)
In article , Marland writes Available from Lakeland.
23
23

Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?
For reasons I won't bore you with, I'm interested in building a cheap, simple data logger to monitor mains voltage, ideally two channels (live to earth and neutral to earth). In the dim and distant...
97
97

Soldering metal - lamp shade repair
If it is plastic, you will have problems with that melting. I thought these things were sometimes some sort of shell. Given that the repair shouldn't be particularly visible, I'd be inclined to use a...
17
17

"Sealing" a pipe exit from boxing
I'm boxing-in several pipe drops in the corners of rooms. The pipes drop vertically and then exit horizontally to go to a radiator. I'd like to find a way to fill the gaps around the horizontal pipes,...
5
5

Microbore blockage
I have a couple of sluggish radiators and I believe (from experience with another that got re-piped due to a kitchen extension) that there is a partial blockage where the pipe connects to the...
18
18

Plug socket in Conservatory
I am having a lean to conservatory built with a dwarf wall 3.4m wide x 3m. The base and ground work has been done but awaiting the frame of the lean to, to be built. My question is, where to site the...
3
3

Drawer runners on Hammond Furniture fitted bedroom
The bedrooms in our house feature Hammonds Furniture - fitted some time ago (possibly as long ago as 1995). The drawer runners in one room are totall y trashed. Hammonds have tried but have no record...
6
6

What theses symbols mean on microwave
Looks like the micro wave has packed in (not heating) Lost the instruction manual and these symbols appear in red so presumably some sort of warnings. Anyone got any ideas what they mean in case I can...
25
25

Shed floor - 11 or 18mm OSB3
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material. OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or spilled water. So, on top of well supported celotex -...
7
7

Replacing a built in double oven.
My Creda Europaplus double oven will need replacing shortly. Are double fitted ovens a standard size, in other words ill it fit neatly into the hole in the kitchen units? I assume it is a fairly...
6
6