Installing a Stannah stair lift 260

Please help. I bought a Stannah stair lift 260 for my father and I tried to install it today. I can?t work out how to get the chair on to the rails. As it so heavy I tried to fit the chair to the rails on the floor but it?s impossible. Can the bits that fit the chair to the rail be removed and fitted first?

Reply to
roper.mick

Not familiar with the curved models, but the chair looks pretty similar to my parents' straight model.

I've only run the chair off the top of the rail, not off the bottom, that has the advantage when you're refitting to the rail that gravity is helping.

You could also remove the batteries to make the chair lighter.

Sorry that's about the limit of my suggestions.

Reply to
Andy Burns