Drawer runners on Hammond Furniture fitted bedroom

The bedrooms in our house feature Hammonds Furniture - fitted some time ago (possibly as long ago as 1995). The drawer runners in one room are totall y trashed. Hammonds have tried but have no record of the job or the drawer runners in use at the time. The runners are unusual in that they are mounte d on the walls of the chest and the drawers sit on them, located in positio n by metal 'pegs' that engage with holes at the base of the drawer side wal ls. (Sorry - awful description I know) While I try and work out how to pos t a photo where you all can see it, I wonder if anyone recognises this arra ngement and can suggest a source of replacement runners for Hammond kit. 'S tandard' replacements take up too much space.

Reply to
RobG_20

Are you saying that the runners are completely under the drawers - with no part of them being between the cases and the drawer sides?

Reply to
Roger Mills

ago (possibly as long ago as 1995). The drawer runners in one room are to tally trashed. Hammonds have tried but have no record of the job or the dra wer runners in use at the time. The runners are unusual in that they are mo unted on the walls of the chest and the drawers sit on them, located in pos ition by metal 'pegs' that engage with holes at the base of the drawer side walls. (Sorry - awful description I know) While I try and work out how to post a photo where you all can see it, I wonder if anyone recognises this arrangement and can suggest a source of replacement runners for Hammond kit . 'Standard' replacements take up too much space.

No. That was just my poor description I'm afraid. Each runner has a fixed p art (a channel)attached to the side wall. Within the fixed part is a slidin g part which moves with the drawer. The sliding part has a small protruding bit near one end in the same plane as the bottom of the drawer (i.e. at rt angles to the runner), and rising vertically from the 'protuberance' is a small round 'peg' which engages with a hole in the bottom of the side wall of the drawer. There is a similar protuberance near the other end of the ru nner. Oh dear! Talk abt a picture being worth a thousand words! You'd think a bog-standard B&Q replacement could be used with a bit of fidd ling, but all the ones I have found so far are too thick by 1-2 mm to fit b etween the drawer side and the cabinet. :(

Reply to
robert.gayton

replying to robert.gayton, Dione A Beeston wrote: ive got the same drawers with bent runners were you able to find any runners to fit your drawers

Reply to
Dione A Beeston

replying to robert.gayton, J Mitchell wrote: Were you able to find these replacement drawer runners - I have the same Hammonds runners that need to be replaced?

Reply to
J Mitchell

We haven't seen Robert Gayton here since 2016. Get yourself a sane portal to news:uk.d-i-y, the one you're using just isn't.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

replying to Dione A Beeston, arnie wrote: i have some brand new ones for sale as we are placing our hammond drawers can send you photos of them if you want

Reply to
arnie