BBC Radio went of air yesterdat 11.03.2012

Yesterday morning, I was listening to Radio4 and all of a sudden there was just white noise.

Thinking it was my HiFi on the blink, I turned on the tranny, same thing. So back to the Hifi and it appeared that BBC Radio 1, 2, 3 & 4 stations were off air, yet BBC Radio Newcvastle was transmitting as normal.

I live about 8 miles West of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Anyone else suffered this way ?

Jim G

Reply to
the_constructor

I only had to suffer staying a few nights at a time while working up there.

Reply to
Baz

that's fairly symptomatic of the data feed to that transmitter being chopped out for some reason.

No idea why..

If there was no station at all, you lost carrier, but a quiet hiss sounds like carrier and no modulation. since the FM radios generally squelch between stations..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher