delonghi split level air conditioner went

Hi, I'd appreciate if you can advise me on what to do with this split level air conditioner that I've had since summer of 2006 (brand new). It's still being sold on the net as the PAC400 Piinquino Split Level Air Cooler and goes for about 1500.00.

This past summer it stopped cooling and it started spewing out some gas. I brought it to a service center and yesterday Delonghi called me and said the unit could not be fixed. The service center told me the compressor had gone on it ( compressor rotary upc 0-44387-67400-3 10.2 amps). I paid 1479.55 + tax and shipping for the unit and they are giving me a refund for about 650.00.

Delonghi stopped making this unit a long time ago and I happened to buy from a store that was still selling them. Do you know of anyone that can fix it? What would you do? I figure there must be someone out there. Would you take the money and forget about? The unit worked well from 2006-2010 and I never had any problem from it.

thanks, Bu

Reply to
Bu

So, you bought some discontinued old POS from some store selling remnants and warehouse-cleanout odd's 'n ends and such, and you took your chances.

Oh, well.

Reply to
.p.jm.

gotcha a great "deal", sounds like.....and you got what you paid for. Maybe this time around you'll spend a few bucks more and do i right.

Reply to
Steve

snipped-for-privacy@t35g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

ok, friend, I'll keep that in mind!