Bathroom splashback ideas?

This is not so much a DIY question as a bathroom design one. In my new partialy-finished bathroom there is a pedestal basin. The wall which it sits against is just emulsioned with no splashback. If I leave the wall like that it's not going to take long before it gets splashed with dirty water and looks horrible. The usual solution is to put a few tiles on the wall to make a splashback, but I don't really like the look of that. Does anyone have any clever ideas for how to make that area wipeable?

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Toughened glass? Stainless steel?

Reply to
Huge

A mirror that reaches from edge of basin to the celing. it would create a lot of light.

Reply to
Arthur

No, it wouldn't.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Errm.....you wouldn't have to worry about your lanky uncle eric getting a bad back when he shaves......

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

It would probably make the room seem lighter, etc etc, yes; however i wouldn't recommend it right down to the basin because being a mirror, and that low down, every little splash of water/toothpaste is going to show up and you'll be forever cleaning it. (I'd go for the row of tiles there myself.)

David

Reply to
Lobster