Need Bathroom paint color ideas

Hello

I am looking for color ideas to paint my bathroom.

A little bit about the bathroom. The home is Ranch style on the San Francisco Peninsula built in 1954. The bathroom is original, except for the new toilet and pedestal sink.

The dimensions are 6.5 feet x 8.5 feet. The 5-foot tub and a shower stall are along the 8.5-foot wall the toilet and sink are along the other 8.5-foot wall.

The bathroom has 4-inch tiles on the floor, with tile wainscoting 4 feet up the walls. The floor color is Forest Green; the wall tile color is yellow. The edge tiles where the wainscoting ends and the sheetrock wall starts is Forest Green. Likewise the first tile on the wall from the floor is also Forest Green.

The tile wainscoting wraps the entire room, even around the tub. There is not much paintable wall space.

The current color is an off white.

I could be safe and stick with an off white but am looking for ideas color wise for the room.

There is crown molding. I was thinking of painting the ceiling and crown molding an off white and am looking for color ideas for the walls?

Any ideas or advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

howbout a blue of this shade for the walls:

scorpionleather

Just off the top of my head, I'd look for a print shower curtain that introduces another color....green ferns, tropical forest plants and flowers, or just some stripes. "Off white" is boring, but might be the best choice if the br is used for make-up. Use the same yellow, or a deeper shade of yellow. Print with green, yellow and whatever-the-hell you like :o) Purple would go. Orange. Put on a pale yellow and stencil a border with whatever you like...deeper yellow, same yellow with raised texture. All kinds of stuff to try at home stores.

Here is a link to a blogger who does pro decorating - has some good ideas and links to other decorating resources, like stencils:

norminn

Nobody can pick without seeing a photo, but its your prefrence that matters in the end. Look at magazines and paint brochures. For 10 bucks Benjamin Moore sells their paint program, you can load in a photo of your room or house and set up the program for picking wall, trim, colors. I just got the program and havnt really used it but from what I see it is well made and does the job.

Reply to
ransley

Reply to
Joy Ovington