Bathroom pull switches

Does anybody know of a bathroom light pull-switch that doesn't make a resounding 'clunk' when turned on and off, or at least a minimal one? The clunk always gets amplified by virtue of the fact that the switch is screwed to the ceiling as well.

Want to replace our current one so as not to disturb the sleeping little'un in the next rooim!

Thanks.

Bill.

Reply to
Bill

Fit a Infra Red sensor to the wall in the corner, normally rated to 500w, like an outdoor one.

Reply to
PhilÅ

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:29:47 +0000, Bill strung together this:

Crabtree ones are pretty quiet, as are Legrand I think. Chances are if yours is one of the cheapo clangy ones that either one of these will be miles better.

Reply to
Lurch

This is actually a dimmer, which I know you didn't specify

Thanks.It has a really quiet click, and does what is says on the box.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Just how loud is it? I've found my girls (now 2 and 4) have no problem sleeping over next door's TV (they're getting on and their hearing's bad - can't complain as our girls crying when they were young didn't disturb them!).

Many people recommend making absolutely no allowance for the little ones. They will quickly learn to sleep through all manner of noises, providing they are the regular noises they are used to or they were introduced to them (if older). For example, fireworks week (sic) didn't keep mine awake as we'd let them watch the early sparklies before bedtime so they knew what the bangs were.

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D.Smith

You can say that again! (Just kidding)