Bagless vacuum cleaners

Which might explain why the one my neighbour through out worked as soon as I plugged it in, and has since despite very frequent blocking.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

New issue DC04's now have a cable strain relief to stop this.

Reply to
No Spam

I agree the way they sell 'em is pants, but having used one for 4yrs I can say they're a bloody good vac.. Buy a new Dyson now for £300, will it still be in use in 4yrs time ? I doubt it. I've bought vacs for our home since

1986 approx one every two years upto getting this one.
Reply to
Pete Cross

You've obviously never bought a Henry! Someone just mentioned that they're using an old one, too...

I suspect our Dyson would have died by now if the Henry hadn't taken over...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You must be the ideal customer.

Lemme see. Used my mums old constelattion from 1973 to about 1980, then gave it back and spent time in S Afriuca, where of course you use a black-o-matic as they used to be called. But anyway, not liking to rely on those, I bought a resuable bagged sanyon in 1981, brought it back to te UK, re motored it in 1992 or so, and threw itr awy finally about 1999 when all its plastic bits had got lostr abnd broken. Got another 50 quid panasonic re-usable bag and still have that.

So in my total life away from home post college, I have hasd use of precilesy three machines in 30 years or so, one of which was probably still going strong (the constellation) but I skipped it when we cleared he house out last year.

At LEAST ten years for 50 quid of cheapo re-usable bag, and no spares or bags ever needed and with a re-motor, maybe 20 years. I knew I should have washed the motor filter at least ONCE in ten years...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a (apparently working) Constellation in the Science Museum...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bloody cheapskate. If like me you'd spent a bit more money on a proper cylinder Electrolux in 1977, to replace the 1928 Hoover upright, which could destroy carpets and eat eggboxes, but wouldn't cope with dust, then like mine it could still be running, in spite of the wooodshavings, sawdust, plaster, cement dust etc. OK I've had to repolish the motor shaft last year when the smoke came out, but one piece of routine maintenance isn't bad. BTW, what's a "filter"?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Hmm.. They might do better by looking at the cable spec.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well, that beats my 1982 Henry then, is anyone here using anything even older?

Holly

Reply to
Holly, in France

Hi,

My father borrowed a Dyson, and it picked up the same amount of dirt again as his existing cleaner did with a new bag.

Still wouldn't buy one, despite the fact he has asthma! >>:|

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C