B&Q Web Site

I think most would agree that B&Q's web site can be a little wafty, but it excelled itself today.

SWMBO wanted some stuff for potting seeds or summint. She entered '8cm plant pots' in the search facility & got a list of 4 different newel post caps!

I was despatched to the local store with a list. The most important item was a propagator (whatever that is). I was provided with a picture printed off the site & a copy of the page showing it in stock at that specific branch.

Suffice it to say I couldn't find one. Eventually found three assistants trying to hide in a corner. They had never seen one, checked the part number with a scanner & confirmed it had never been sold in that store.

I remarked that their web site was as much use as a chocolate teapot. One of them looked up & said "no, you could eat a chocolate teapot!

I'm still smiling :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Eff off you want a plant pot?

Reply to
Rod

Wouldn't a pukka garden centre be the obvious place to go to rather than a DIY place that has a small patio with plants attached?

Woodworm

Reply to
Woodworm

Probably, except that the nearest one is 7 miles away & I try to avoid them at all costs :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Here's research into how much use a chocolate teapot is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Guy Dawson@SMTP - snipped-for-privacy@cuillin.org.uk // ICBM - 6.15.16W 57.12.23N 986M

4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4
Reply to
Guy Dawson

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Referee's assessment ('next article') is also good, especially the last phrase:

PeterC

LOL! This does remind me of a similar problem I had with B&Q. I wanted something bulky for the kitchen (can't remember what). I was told by the assistant that, although they knew they did not have any stock, the computer told them they had and so they couldn't order me one!

Reply to
Mark