Furniture boards - B&Q (2023 Update)

Earlier this year I was visiting B&Q's Watford store and noticed that they held 97mm and 114mm width white-faced furniture boards. I didn't remember seeing them when I placed a large order several weeks before that.

I was annoyed at the time because I had had to slice a 200mm board with my track saw using my "bench" - two pallets!

I am now looking to build another piece of furniture.

When I checked their website, there were no narrow boards.

I cannot see a way to contact them and ask if they intend to stock them again.

Can anyone suggest an alternative source within a reasonable distance of NW London?

Oh! And thank you for the tremendous help so many of you have been this year and I wish you all a healthy happy 2023.

Alan

Reply to
pinnerite

wickes?

Reply to
charles

it was nothing

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

You can get melamine faced MDF in sheet form:

they will cut to size and edge band for you.

(that yard is in Shepherd's Bush - no experience myself, but it's the one Peter Millard uses for timber in his Youtube videos)

If you want timber in quantity, maybe it's better to go to a yard than a retail shed?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

FWIW I used to buy such boards from office fitters[1] near me for folding money. They'd also cut to size for me if I waited till they weren't pressed for time. Might be worth you looking for similar near you.

[1] both long gone far away when their premises were needed to make way for yet more blocks of flats like so many other such firms. Sodding London Olympics.
Reply to
Robin

for some reason a sheet 12mm thick costs slightly more than one that is 15mm thick. Wierd.

Reply to
Andrew