Lowes Web Site

Has anyone noticed how painfully slow the Lowe's web site is? It has been like molasses since they redid it. The slowness has caused me to go to the Home Depot site instead.

The problem is not my computers or Internet connection. The Lowes site is the one with the problem, and the problem is the same at home and at the office. It boggles my mind that the brass at Lowes would allow this problem to continue. They need to jerk a knot in some web designers.

Reply to
mcp6453

You are correct. Ever since they did their make over it has been slow.

Reply to
Chris

mcp6453 wrote the following:

I have no problem with it. I have TWC RR and the site opened in less than 3 seconds, as did the various links on the site..

Reply to
willshak

Major problems here also.

I quit using their site. When I need to pack a lunch to surf a site I go elsewhere.

It will cost them a lot of sales if they don't correct the problem.

Reply to
Colbyt

Same here. A lot of web designers simply forget not everyone has a big pipe or maybe doesn't have it all of the time.

Another example is our states highway department web site. It used to have a really clean interface and I used it a lot from my smartphone when on the road because you could get live feeds from all of the traffic cameras. A few months ago they replaced the web site with a really fancy overdone site that is impossible to use from a mobile browser.

Reply to
George

Might be during inventory?

Has anyone contacted Lowes, or are we all standing around the water cooler, complaining?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In the case of Lowes, a bigger pipe doesn't help. The site is useless, even in-store.

Maybe too many people were using it. ;-)

Reply to
keith

I too find their site rather useless. You have to wade through tons of crap to find something. Home Depots is a little better. I use it no matter what store I'm going to, the prices are similar.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

After another frustrating attempt to use the site today I called their customer care number 1-800-890-5932 to voice my unhappiness since they do not have a feedback form on the site.

After a long hold time I managed to speak to a human who said they are aware of the problem and are working on it. He admitted that mistake were made in the implementation.

Why they could not revert until the problems were solved is beyond me.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

All:

Why don't we copy thecomments from this NG and paste them into an email to:

snipped-for-privacy@lowes.com

Perhaps a sudden barrage of comments within a short period of time will get their attention.

It's all right here...if we all did this, they'd probably take notice.

I can't do it at work, but I can when I get home tonight.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Their sales people sure know about it. We bought a refrigerator a couple of months ago and they were bitching that they couldn't look anything up since the "new and improved" web pages went online.

Reply to
keith

Works fine for me and my connection speed is only 768k (tops).

Reply to
Ron

All:

Why don't we copy thecomments from this NG and paste them into an email to:

snipped-for-privacy@lowes.com

Perhaps a sudden barrage of comments within a short period of time will get their attention.

It's all right here...if we all did this, they'd probably take notice.

I can't do it at work, but I can when I get home tonight.

Lowes sucks anyway....Just use the Home Depot site...It is pretty good...I was looking at bathroom stuff and a chat box poped up asking if I needed help and I responded yes just to see what would happen...The person was very helpfull and answered all my questions correctly to my surprise...FWIW....

Reply to
benick

Several months ago I used the Lowe's site to locate a product. I could have bought it online, but instead, wanted to find a local store. Sure enough one store had the tool in stock.

After looking and looking, I asked a guy in the tool area. He glanced a short while and could not find it and stated they did have the tool.

I told him the web site indicated that store had several reported in inventory.

I did find the tool just outside the tool area, under a shelf and sitting on the floor. Not where you expect to find it....

Reply to
Oren

willshak wrote the following:

I should have mentioned that I use Firefox for browsing, not IE. It does make a difference.

Reply to
willshak

Oren wrote the following:

The site reflects the inventory of the particular store you set as the local store.That doesn't mean it is on the shelf. I too had the same problem. The item was not on the shelf. I asked an 'associate' and he checked with customer service and they found the product in the storeroom.

Reply to
willshak

I really meant to say above, that the ''associate'" said they did not have the product. After looking closer I found it on my own.

In that case the web site was correct - only one store in my selection distance had the item.

IMO, the first thing to do on a site like that is pick the local store location and go from there...

Reply to
Oren

I have found most big-box web sites (Lowes, Sams, etc), are VERY bad at having the web site reflect actual in-store inventory. Sometimes the site says they have it and they really don't, sometimes vice-versa. Pretty clear the DB the web site bangs is not the actual real-time inventory system, but a daily truncated subset of it. My local Lowes, a lot of stuff they carry isn't even listed on the web site at all.

Reply to
aemeijers

I don't think the intent of their website was to put their entire in store stock of all their stores streamed in real time on their website......To even think that would be possible without allowing public access to the very protected intranet is rather naive...It is for window shopping , calculating the approximate cost of a project , and orders from those who live no where near a store to order some general stuff...I'm sure they have marketing data to justify what they put online....Will it please everyone ?? No it can't possibly do so....That said , Home Depot's website is better than Lowes...Especially the real time chat with a real person to ask questions...Cool feature...

Reply to
benick

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:07:40 -0400, mcp6453 wrote Re Lowes Web Site:

Yes.

Reply to
Caesar Romano