Autoscanning barcode app for windows phone ?

Being in possession of a Kindle, I have decided to catalogue, and retire my paperback collection. Being of a lazy nature, and also slightly geeky, I like the idea of scanning in all the barcodes, to build up a list.

An hour of trawling t'net, Zune, and googling, has convinced me there is no suitable app, which will let my phone work like a supermarket checkout, and scan, log, and scan again, with no user intervention.

There are quite a few barcode reading apps (I have installed RedLaser, Pic2Shop, QuickMark, ScanLife to mention a few) but they all "do something" after the scan, rather than be ready to scan again.

Does anyone know any better. Suggestions of an iPhone will be ignored. I might consider an android app, but that would mean borrowing SWMBO phone. I only have one phone (supplied by work) and it's Windows.

Reply to
Jethro

Not sure if it will do what you want but do look at the Collectorz.com products. I have their Book Collector prog. I think that they mention barcode readers for telephones.

Richard

Reply to
RJS

I have "RL Classic" installed, and there is a "Multiple" slider on the scanning screen which seems to do what you ask, including the ability to email yourself the list when you are done.

it will just generate a list of the bar code numbers that's it.

Reply to
Toby

Aha !!!!!! "RL Classic" is called "Red Laser" under Windows Phone. And YES !!!!!! It has the "multiple" feature too. Just a little obscure for those of us in a hurry !!!!

Many thanks !

Reply to
Jethro