Arrrrrrrgh!

8¬p"
Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

People are happy with all sorts of faux. Usually says more about them than the product.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave, Laminate may well be faux but it's easy to lay, less preparation is needed than ceramics, warmer on the feet and less chance of my missus smashing crockery & glasses. As you define laminate as faux - I suppose you live in a cave rather than a 'faux' house ?

Reply to
Franko

Got to be better than old floorboards spruced up and varnished though.

Reply to
George

As are a wide variety of vinyl, etc, floor coverings. Which are far more suitable for a kitchen than stone - real or false.

Does your 'missus' know you think she's careless?

A house seeks to improve on a cave. Not imitate it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unless those floorboards were originally 'designed' to be exposed. As was the case with most T&G hardwood floors. Even if only round the edges of a rug or carpet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're talking about new wooden floorboarding there not the old type ie the type with gaps that span a 100 years or more,I find it looks bloody awful with this type spruced up floorboard. New T&G looks ok because it not raised at its edges because of the T&G fitting.

Reply to
George

No, I'm talking about original fitment. Exposing floorboards which were never designed for this is just a fashion.

Good quality wood from the correct part of the tree doesn't curl up at the edges either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

well, there is that.

Stripped pine is like a 75 year old woman in a bikini. Historically interesting, but best kept out of site (sic!) ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not if you have doggies with sharp things on the end of their feet....and underfloor heating.

Not as well insulated tho. So not always an improvement.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

certainly does if it was set up for non-central heating

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher