Don't you hate it when

you have to ask for your ladders back.

Neighbour won't be getting them again.

Grrrr!

Reply to
George

Tell them, if they are not returned immediately, further steps will be taken.

I'll get me coat...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Could have rung up and asked for them back?

Reply to
Rod

You've got stile Rod.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Obviously going to be a stand off between George and his neighbours.

Reply to
Rod

Need to tread lightly...

Reply to
John Rumm

I think you are all treading on a downward slope!

Reply to
EricP

Someone's taking the rise now :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

The only way is up.....unless you are already down

Reply to
RW

Sorry I don't have a witty reply but just to be slightly serious for a mo. A few years ago, someone across the road had a builder doing something or other and this guy asked if he could borrow my ladder (some story about his being on another van). I was just on the way to get it when I thought, hey what if he has some accident using it - then he could say the ladder wasn't safe for some reason and I get sued. In the end I said no sorry, (and felt really bad about it). I do think though, in this blame/sue/legal culture society we live in that sadly these things have to be considered.

Reply to
dave

I know if I have to work on a customers site I am not allowed to borrow ladders/steps, I have to bring my own, the only exception was the large warehouse type steps that have handrails on both sides and a platform with barriers on three of the sides, and if I did borrow one and have an accident I would not be covered by health and safety or insurance

Reply to
Kevin

Don't you hate it when you can't remember where something is, then a neighbour offers to lend you theirs, and it's yours!

Reply to
R D S

I lent a book to someone years ago, A self avowed 'all property is theft' student communist.

He claimed he had given it back.

I went to his room, found it on a shelf with his own name written under mine.

It now has 'stolen by' and 'recovered by' as additions in the fly page.

I have always wondered how if all property is theft, he had the nerve to put his name on it.

It was the start of a long protracted period of disilusionment with the Left and all things contained therein.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get him to sign one of those legal disclaimer thingys. The ones you have to carry around everywhere nowadays ;-)

Reply to
Mark

Have you done a safety assessment for carrying those thingys? Are you sure you couldn't pull a muscle or trip over one?

Reply to
Rod

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I too will get me coat.

Reply to
teddysnips