Switch name?

Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps, Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF site.

Any idea what the proper name is?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

in-line switch?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Torpedo switch

Reply to
Scabbydug

"Its good, but its not right" as Roy Walker used to say on Catchphrase :-)

Just tried that, got a page of dry lining boxes :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nope :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"in-line switch" doesn't pull any results from Screwfix, but it does from elsewhere ..

Reply to
Andy Burns

Inline Rocker Switch ?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Hi

Have a look at the bottom of this page

or 3 core in-line switch

Reply to
Trevor

Well TLC call them 'In Line Cord Switch'

Maplin just call it a 'flex switch'

Peter Andrews

Andy Burns wrote;

Thanks chaps, I was doing a SF order & wanted to include them. I've just gone through the catalogue and I can't see them in there either - guess they don't sell them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thats because they were primerily made for table lamps and SF dont sell table lamps. :-P

Reply to
George

I bought one the other day from B&Q and it was called a Torpedo Switch.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Thats what I did earlier on :-)

For some reason SF don't seem to sell them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They are also known as 'inline' or 'rocker' switches.

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

A rocker switch simply refers to the actual switch mechanism. Most light switches are of this type these days - as opposed to toggle or push. 'In line' says what the device actually is. 'Torpedo' is a bit open to misinterpretation...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)