Apple ipads (again)

The plantpots are talking to themselves.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I met one of those. The i-pad is as portable as the Ferrograph .

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It correctly says:

"To protect his reputation from the nonsense on this blog, please note that this is the U.S. Doctor Drivel, not the U.K. expert active in home improvement blogs."

This U.S. Doctor Drivel is a charlatan and impostor. I am the real thing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That must be the funniest thing you've said. LMFAO.

Reply to
brass monkey

I never claimed that wasn't part of the reason.

Yes yes, as you keep saying. Prove it.

Find me a 13 inch ultrabook, of comparable build quality that has at least 6-7 hours battery life, weighs under 1.5 kg and has a screen res of 1440x900 and at least 128GB SSD.

Macbook air of that spec is under 860 quid. Closest we've found so far is

nice - not quite the build quality feel (although we've not had any failures yet) but the screen isn't as good, and it's slightly more expensive.

As I say, getting close...

Obviously. The fact that it's used heavily pretty much every day, and allowed me to work while away at a conference makes it completely pointless in your warped world I guess. Each to their own.

We have. How about you point out the obvious that we are all missing as you are so certain? Where are all these ultrabooks? And no, I don't mean some ancient laptop that doesn't have an SSD and isn't remotely the same spec.

You might want to let HP and toshiba know as well, as their sales teams are also struggling to find the machines. Still, I'm sure you know better.

Do you work at Dixons? That could explain things...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Of course, that's how it's always worked :-)

At least with an iPad we can force a policy to require a PIN, and then send remote wipes when they are lost.

Now, if only that worked reliably with Android tablets... or we could stop crapberry users requiring IMAP etc etc.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I currently have 3 android devices (Nexus 7, samsung galaxy phone and ZTE phone) and all have been up for weeks. They do not crash. Apple propaganda.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Dates please. What era are we talking here? Several things in this post sound odd to me.

UNIX desktops have only been vaguely viable fairly recently so this wasn't long ago I assume?

Ah no. Must have been decades ago then? What UNIX are we talking about here? I'm not convinced UNIX desktop GUIs are ready for mainstream users yet, let alone "in ye olden dayes".

As you are talking desktops here, I assume these were machines purchased without a OEM win licence?

Again, which flavour and era? Servers for file and print? Or something more complex?

Ah, so people were used to windows, and used Word. Fair enough.

Maybe Macs would have been better? They are pretty reliable I hear :-)

Why were the windows desktops crap? I'm no fan of windows, but it's pretty solid running word and standard office apps. Unless you are talking a long time ago, but that doesn't tally with a usable UNIX GUI for normal desktop users.

Word was running the UNIX servers was it? What apps are we talking about here? Also, I'm interested to know what tech you were using to run the desktops as thin clients.

Right...

Yes... well done. More info please, until then, I'm calling bull...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Look at the price onnthe ticket. Duh!

It is not worth it as it is too big. For the same price you get far more poweful, and more useful, laptop with an SSD and real keyboard.

Yep.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What bollox.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Bollox!

There were then. Get used to it.

More complex.

But proprietary, so an no. What Apple have never made in roads into the corporate market and toys for end users.

3.1 and 95 was crap. DOS with a GUI front end. Total s**te.

Bespoke written company apps.

You are getting there.

You are a f*****g idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Correct. My Galaxy has NEVER crashed. This knob bought expensive Apple and does all to justify spending all that needless money. Sad isn't it. But ignorance is bliss and I hope he is happy with his rip-off purchase.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Such wit. This man lives in Wallasey you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ahha, finally we agree. Android support for activesync is bollox.

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I've read your recent posts with disbelief. How can anyone be that misinformed and out-of-touch? I'm referring to Unix *and* Android. Sounds like you have been comprehensively brain-washed.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Well you have VPN access for when he away don't you? So tunnel a real external subnet to an AP in his office and let him use the VPN. Then it doesn't matter what he puts on it as it is never on the IT network and you firewall everything coming in from the internet.

Its not what I would call a difficult problem.

Reply to
dennis

He hasn't a clue on most things. On UNIX and client/server. He hasn't a hope. Too far gone.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or others you have made up. This man lives in Wallasey you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

like a large truck is portable. Duh!

Reply to