Any source for glass lids?

I dug out an old Kenwood slow cooker, but the lid has disappeared over the years. The sc hasn't been used much so I'd like to get it back into service, but need to find a lid for it. Iirc it came with a crockery lid, but a glass one will do. All I need is a nine-inch dia lid, with handle or knob. Anyone know a UK stockist of Pyrex or similar suppliers, along the lines of this US stockist?...

Grimly Curmudgeon

Ikea do a flat glass lid with a metal lift up handle in the middle in=20 various sizes

it's called Stabil costs =A34.69 and is 24cm diameter, which might just d= o=20 you.

have them for my saucepans, they're very neat because they fold flat and take up mimimum space.

they used to do a 26cm one which would exactly fit the bill but it's not =

on the catalogue now. They might still have one in the shops I suppose.

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Any reason[1] why you can't just put a plate on top of it - with a bit of kitchen foil underneath if you want a better seal?

[1] other than aesthetics which given my DIY abilities I tend to deprecate ;)
Reply to
Robin

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Robin" saying something like:

It would work well enough, but if a lid can be got cheaply, I'd prefer that. Istr the last time it was used the top was actually a plate, so the original lid must've been lost or broken before that (some eighteen years ago).

Function rules :)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian & Hilda Dedic saying something like:

If the dia of the lip/lip was 23cm it would be perfect.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Angle grinder !

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Because plates tend not to have knobs on .

I suppose a plate could be drilled and a knob affixed with a bolt.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The advantage of the plate method is that you also end up with a warm plate or two to serve the contents of the slow cooker on.

Reply to
airsmoothed