Another "House Price" website

As a follow-up to the thread on this last month, FYI I've come across another of these sites - this one's completely free (at least, it gives you 20 searches per week) ands as such seems rather better than the others that were mentioned.

Lobster

England and Wales. It's the Land Registry's database...

- can't get any results for EH49

...which doesn't cover Scotland. I assume because of the different legal system Scotland will have its own registry of some sort.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Blackburn

Yes it is only the southern part of the UK.

However you can go to

and it genuinely does cover all of the UK.

Reply to
robert

Well it works fine for Cheshire...!

Yes, that was raised last time, but you have to pay, as you do with all the others AFAICS.

David

Reply to
Lobster

"Colin Blackburn" wrote | Geo wrote: | > Is it England only? | England and Wales. It's the Land Registry's database... | - can't get any results for EH49 | ...which doesn't cover Scotland. I assume because of the different legal | system Scotland will have its own registry of some sort.

Scotland has had a *public* centralised land registry, the Register of Sasines, since 1617. In case you don't have a copy of the Acta Parliamentorum Regis Jacobi Sexti to hand allow me to quote from the Record Edition for the Parlimaent at Edinburgh, 27 May cap.16.:

anent the Registratione of reuersiones Seasinges and vtheris writis... considdering the gryit huyrt sustened by his Maiesties Liegis by the fraudulent dealing of parities who having annaliet their Landis and ressauit gryit soumes of money thairfore Yit be their vnuist conceiling of some provat Right formarlie made by thame renderith subsequent alienatioun done for gryit soumes of money altogidder vnproffitable whiche can not be avoyded vnless the saidis privat rightis be maid publict and patent to his hienes leigis FOR remedie whereoff and of the manye Inconvenientis whiche may ensew thairupon HIS maiestie which aduyis and consent of the estaittis of Parliament statutes and ordanis That thair salbe ane publick Register In the which all Reuersiounes regresses bandis and writtis for making of reuersiounes or regresses assignatiounes thairto dischargis of the same renunciationes of wodsettis and grants off redemptioun and siclyik all instrumentis of seasing salbe registrat ... and to the effect the said register may presentlie and in all tyme cuming be the moir faithfullie keipit

Although the act was part repealed by 6 Ed. 7c. 38 the above text remained law in 1907 and is AIUI still of statutory effect.

Referring to the Acta Parliamentorum Guliemi

that no seasine or other writt or diligence appointed to be Registrat shall be of any force or effect against any but the granters and their heirs unless it be duely booked and insert in the Register.

and moreover (Acta Parliamentorum Guliemi et Mariae, Edinburgh, 18 April

1693 cap. 23 [1693 cap 14 in the 12mo edition]

that all Keepers of the said Registers shall keep Minute Books of all Writs presented to them to be registrate in their severall Registers ... and that the Writs shall be registrate exactly conform to the Order of the said Minute Book All under the pain of Deprivation of the Keeper of the Register And further Their Majestoies with consent forsaid Declare the saids Keepers not pbserving the premises lyable to the damage of the parties prejudged by the not due observing of this present Act

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nethouseprices, or whatever it is called, is now free full-stop, I think.

Reply to
Bolted

Which according to my atlas of the UK is well into the southern part :)

Reply to
robert

Are you saying I'm a southerner ?

And if so, why is it known as the North West ?

Reply to
Mike

That's the north west of england not the uk - which can be /very/ annoying when listening to weather forecasts and they use directions without any reference point.

From South East Scotland Geo

Reply to
Geo

Those of us in Sutherland can get _very_ annoyed at that!

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Believe me, so can those of us in North West England.

Reply to
Mike Barnes