Aldi track saw - Anyone got one?

That's a good spot if it is! :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Another set of tracks (scheppach pl55) on Amazon for e.g. £60.... Or buy two Aldi saw sets :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Make that £55 incl delivery on Amazon

Also a vid on modding the scheppach which presumably would also be relevant to the aldidl badged brother

Jim K..

Having decided that I can improve upon my rather crude circular saw and homemade guide I've started looking at track/plunge saws. By coincidence I received an email from Aldi today which included their offering at £79.99:

Does anyone have one and can make any comment on it? The online reviews seem generally positive.

It looks to be very similar to the Scheppach PL55 sold at Screwfix for £169.99 so could represent quite a bargain:

Mathew Newton

No, I've stuck to my home-made saw-board, or using clamp-on guide bars. But Peter Millard has quite a few videos on tracksaws, mainly Festool vs others

but one of them is a Cheap vs Cheapest (aldi vs screwfix)

Also Skillbuilder did a series on plunge saws

Andy Burns

That was a really useful video - thanks. I've decided against the Aldi now for the reasons Peter covers (non-standard rails, no soft-start or brake, poor blade and prone to splintering) and will probably go for the Titan instead.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Much would depend on if you can get additional track for it... the supplied 1.4m seems a bit limiting.

Rutlands tout a couple of tracksaws, and also do additional track sets:

(never seen or tried one - so no comment on quality etc)

Reply to
John Rumm