Air Fryer Report

See my post to Steve W re clamp monitor.

Reply to
Spike

I found that single-use parchment trays affected the airflow, and food cooked more slowly and was less crispy. I now fold them flat and use them that way.

We par-boil our potatoes before drying them and coating with oil and popping them into the AF.

Noted!

I’ll keep that in mind! We’re still finding our feet with the AF, it’s only been five weeks of a different method of cooking, and need to expand our horizons.

I’m a big fan of soups too, but much in the same manner as Jack Sprat and his wife, we both have different dietary constraints, and have to stick to a limited range of soup recipes ☹️

Reply to
Spike

And no preheat time, I wish i'd bought one years ago.

Reply to
R D S

Ours has a pre-heat preset, I think its function is to avoid food being over-browned during the warm-up phase, as the heating element is directly above the basket and there will be some radiant heat during this phase. It’s only 4 minutes at maximum, less if you dial up a lower pre-heat temperature.

Reply to
Spike

Mine has the same arrangement and I put them both in the dishwasher whenever I do a dishwasher run, but the basket particularly has ended up with a substantial layer of grime on it. Havent tried getting that off with an oven cleaner yet.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The silicone sheets have holes in them and don’t seem to block the airflow

- at least not enough to notice.

We do that if using the main oven ( to get the crispy edges) but find we can get acceptable, if different, results in the airfryer- a more even golden finish.

Senior Management sometimes prefers another soup so I make those also. We freeze in individual portions so we can pick and choose.

Reply to
Brian

I enjoy cooking.

Reply to
Brian

I think you just enjoy eating....tee hee

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

here is what you need I have justordered one .......

stuff all those poisonous coatings .....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

You have to wonder how Jim is still alive then…

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

what?

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

But are the holes coterminous with the holes in the metal tray ?

Reply to
Andrew

Brand and model naming would be enormously helpful.

Thanks

Dave R

Reply to
David