Air conditioning in April - good grief

Looks like the weather is heating up even earlier this year. First time I can remember having to turn the aircon on in April. Time was it used to snow around once or twice in late April.
But now it's just about time for the annual uk.d-i-y aircon thread.
Wonder what B&Q is selling in the way of portables this year and when they will sell out?
Is it time to buy shares in installed aircon?

Cue: insulation man AKA IMM!....
--
Tony Sayer

No it isn't. You should see a doctor:
a) about your obesity problem b) body temperature clock problem.
Get it sorted.
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:26:49 UTC, 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote:

Funny you should say that. I was in B&Q, for first time in weeks, at lunchtime. I saw stacks of fans, and evaporative air coolers...
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

I bought a desk-mounted 6in fan in Homebase on impulse 2 days ago. In last summers heat wave we were a fan short and mad passionate love wouldn't have made one available, never mind the money!
PoP
--
http://www.ukdiy.org.uk

If you really want lots of mad passionate love at temperatures of 33 and above, I strongly recommend air con. It does wonders for the sexual stamina.

Oh I definitely wouldn't recommend evaporative air coolers. The UK gets both too hot and too humid. What do you think?

I think that you should lose ten tons of weight.
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:18:39 UTC, 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote:

I wouldn't either. But I guess they sell well...I was just reporting what I saw.
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

I rather thought they'd stopped selling those. Must have a butchers at the weekend.
As a small window mounted A/C unit is about $100 in the US ( Walmart) when are we going to see these here?
Regards Capitol
On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:37:51 +0100, "Capitol"

Never, hopefully.
They are as ugly as sin. On both sides of the window...
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Hopefully, never.

You can certainly get "window rattlers" as they are called im the UK. But they don't generally find favour in the UK market. OTOH some are indeed sold because of very easy installation and no expertise needed and little structural alteration. But they aren't common.

when
They are an eyesore and should be banned. No need for them.
666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote in

Speak for yourself, Sunshine, my heating is still required and the lynge fire goes on in the evenings. (it gets the moggie off me sofa)
mike r

I known what you mean Mike
Simon Gardner wrote:

We've used ours a few times in the past 2 weeks. South facing room, so sunshine == hot room.
--
Grunff

Venetian blinds cost nothing to run.

Roller blinds and opening the windows do it for me.
After work routine in the summer used to be to get home, open all doors and windows, and sit in the garden for a while with an ice cold beer. :)
cheers, Pete.