Air conditioning in April - good grief

Looks like the weather is heating up even earlier this year. First time I can remember having to turn the aircon on in April. Time was it used to snow around once or twice in late April.

But now it's just about time for the annual uk.d-i-y aircon thread.

Wonder what B&Q is selling in the way of portables this year and when they will sell out?

Is it time to buy shares in installed aircon?

Reply to
Simon Gardner

In article , 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet writes

Cue: insulation man AKA IMM!....

Reply to
tony sayer

No it isn't. You should see a doctor:

a) about your obesity problem b) body temperature clock problem.

Get it sorted.

Reply to
IMM

Funny you should say that. I was in B&Q, for first time in weeks, at lunchtime. I saw stacks of fans, and evaporative air coolers...

Reply to
Bob Eager
666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote in news:BCAF0259966866F041@192.168.0.3:

Speak for yourself, Sunshine, my heating is still required and the lynge fire goes on in the evenings. (it gets the moggie off me sofa)

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

I bought a desk-mounted 6in fan in Homebase on impulse 2 days ago. In last summers heat wave we were a fan short and mad passionate love wouldn't have made one available, never mind the money!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I known what you mean Mike

Reply to
IMM

Oh I definitely wouldn't recommend evaporative air coolers. The UK gets both too hot and too humid. What do you think?

Reply to
Simon Gardner

If you really want lots of mad passionate love at temperatures of 33 and above, I strongly recommend air con. It does wonders for the sexual stamina.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

We've used ours a few times in the past 2 weeks. South facing room, so sunshine == hot room.

Reply to
Grunff

I think that you should lose ten tons of weight.

Reply to
IMM

Venetian blinds cost nothing to run.

Reply to
IMM

Roller blinds and opening the windows do it for me.

After work routine in the summer used to be to get home, open all doors and windows, and sit in the garden for a while with an ice cold beer. :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I wouldn't either. But I guess they sell well...I was just reporting what I saw.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We have some very nice highly reflective silver blinds. Before I switched on the aircon, the room had reached 27C today.

Reply to
Grunff

You have them the wrong way around

Reply to
IMM

Do go on...

Reply to
Grunff

He does.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Indeed. I hope he does this time - I'm just *dying* to know how I have my blinds the wrong way round.

I'm expecting him to suggest I brick up the window next. That's certainly help a lot.

Reply to
Grunff

I rather thought they'd stopped selling those. Must have a butchers at the weekend.

Reply to
Simon Gardner