Advice re Tile Laminate flooring

Hi there,

I'm going to lay some of that TileLoc laminate flooring in a few days and could do with advice..

What's the reccomended approach when it comes to fitting around 15mm copper pipes? The pipes are for a radiator and it approx 15cm away from wall - if I cut a groove in the laminate so I can slide the board around the pipe, what do I do with the slot thats left? Is there anyway I can colour some filler or mastic to roughly match the colour of the tiles?

Any help appreciated! Cheers

Simon

Reply to
Simon

You can buy 15mm pipe washers that will cover the eposed cut out of the laminate,it must be fitted onot the pipe before securing it to the rad. They look like pads at the base of the pipe on the laminate. Or... measure the distance of the pipe from wall? and drill a 15mm hole in the laminate were the pipe/s will protrude through,then carfully cut 2 straight lines up to the hole with a fine hacksaw blade,lay the laminate and the piece you cut out will slide in behind the pipe with the help of some no-nails to secure it in place.

Reply to
George

Here's the pads...

George

Thanks George, I'll try the "cut a slot and no nails" approach!

pads...

Simon

That is the right way to do it, but the pipe can make it difficult to get one edge of the board high enough to click in.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seen some in Focus that come in two halves and fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Neat, except my pipes are microbore :-(

Reply to
Geoff Berrow