A nuisance caller got through TruCall

Not my experience. The local hospital and doctors surgery have no problems leaving messages on my answer-phone with trucall/call guardian.

Reply to
alan_m

I've changed mobile numbers because I was bombarded with junk calls and text messages.

Reply to
alan_m

I've got Vodaphone PATG, and the numbers of spam calls and texts are much reduced recently. I don't use the mobile much, and at one time the majority of calls were spam.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 03:00:58 -0000, alan_m wrot= e:

With BT you're already paying too much anyway.

-- =

A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed a= nd didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eig= ht inches you promised me last night?"

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It depends on how many calls you make on the land-line, and when.

Reply to
alan_m

Everyone else is cheaper for everything.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My mobile has an app "TrueCaller" (notice spelling) installed.

keith-andere

It's an interesting app - it also looks up numbers you dial, and displays the name from it's database. Certainly for business numbers, it's proved quite accurate.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Er.... the monthly payment for the underground cables makes landlines to= o expensive to bother with.

-- =

Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish = men.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword