Subject Author Posted Replies

Roofing Materials
The Victorian houses around here were build 125+ years ago for working men and their families. The slates used weren't of the quality you'd expect to find on a Gentleman's London residence[1]. After...
16
16

The holiday has got off to a good start
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat fucked off just as I was about to take it to the cattery. We were supposed to leave at 8.
48
48

Temporary bathroom
We are trying to find options for someone who is presently living on the couch in our main living room. On discharge from hospital she was told she could walk by the physios, and we live in hope that...
23
23

Small HW cylinder
I'm looking for a HW cylinder/tank that can fit through an opening 25" x 23 " x 26" high maximum. I assume the job will need more than one to get enoug h volume. No, I don't want to convert to a...
11
11

fault finding procedure has unexpected end
I have two rear-view cameras on the motorhome. On a recent long journey the picture from the one that looks straight back started to flicker. The fault had been there for ages, but it hadn't been very...
13
13

90mm Nailer
Looking at getting a Max 90mm 34 degree nailer, gas powered with battery. Not had one before so any points to beware of when buying? NT
9
9

I suppose I should have seen this coming
The upstairs bathroom is finally plumbed! A long struggle getting a seal on a pop up basin waste. Not helped by there being nothing to grip and stop it rotating. You may recall the wall mounted bath...
7
7

OT. Great pix of Venezuela here.
Joropo tradicional venezolano
6
6

Nearly lost another set of ladders today
Thankfully this time I checked the useless bastards attempt to put the ladders on the van http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/f/f4/Ladderclampfail.jpg
11
11

Poor workmanship - mine
We recently had our bathroom reconstituted and tiled following a flood. I decided that I would do the floor having Amtico'd several only 40 years ago. I soon found out that the stuff they sell today...
6
6

Bosch Athlet Cordless vacuum cleaner
Detaching handle from main body. Seems impossible to move despite considerable force applied
3
3

On Topic - DIY
I thought you lot might all appreciate this advert, which I found in my copy of Airfix Magazine, May 1976 (one of a job lot of about 100 given to me my a friend last week): (Sorry -- had to use...
5
5

The end of the world...?
Feels a bit like it anyway. Three power cuts in the last 12 hours. After the first one last night I topped up all the rechargeable batteries (torches and radio) and the mobile phone. After the second...
12
12

TOT: Tissues
Tissues used to last for several days (assuming limited use). Now they seem to disintegrate very quickly. Is this because of a change made to increase sales or the banning of a substance or chemical...
20
20

Double spacing, online forums?
I contribute to several web site based forums and several weeks ago paragraphs suddenly began to be posted as double spaced paragraphs. An extra line space, just between the paragraphs. Prior to...
6
6