Washer/seal kits for shower/tap mixers?

I have a mixer shower/tap combination.

There is a knob that one pulls up for shower and push down for tap to fill the bath.

When in use, water is pouring out of the end of the knob when in tap position. It improves when in shower mode.

I understand that there are two washers/seals for this valve controlled by the knob

Can any kind soul direct me to a weblink that sells the kit of replacement washers/seals that will fix it as I do not know the exact dimensions of the washers/seals?

Regards

Stephen.

Reply to
stephenten

Unless you know the make/model of the tap, you can't get a kit. Even then, there simply are no official spares available for some taps.

You can buy generic boxes of O-rings, but my experience is that there are so many variations of size and thickness it's very hard to find what you want. Washers are a bit easier.

Do you have a picture of the tap?

Reply to
GB