Subject Author Posted Replies

moth balls
Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?
6
6

Double-Headed Handheld Metal Drilling Tool?
Opening Youtube today, I caught this commercial for an advertised £23. Double-Headed Handheld Metal Driiling Tools Power Tool around eBay and other suspects by using the words as search terms, I see...
5
5

2-stroke mixture
I have a generator (cheap end) never used for 7 years so going to get it working and sell on. I only intend to mix up a ltre of petrol to a small amount of oil for the 2-stroke mix. Just to get it...
19
19

Any car mechanics out there
Hi All, I have a 2004 Audi A4 and am having coolant system issues. I seem to be forever bleeding the system as air keeps getting stuck in the heater matrix (so we have no heat) and more recently the...
40
40

Truncated 33kV power line? Doesn't go anywhere?
we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. I went for a walk to the East (right of the picture), and after about a 25 minute...
10
10

smart
So that's one "saving" of smart meters pissed away then.
16
16

Internet and text (OT)
We take for granted that we can find music on the Web - and Artist details will be available about the track. However, I find myself wondering who keyed in the information to make it available. When...
17
17

Re: Securing insulated plasterboard to steel lintel
You raise an interesting point. I was just thinking about the insulation properties to be honest, and there's nothing on the architect's drawings about fire protection, yet they carry such detail for...
2
2

burying swa
Well I suppose the SWA to the garage should not really be left sitting on the soil by the fence - common sense says it should be constrained in some way. So, clipped to fence, or buried. If buried, I...
6
6

OT trying to copy VHS tape to DVD recorder
I know there is a vast amount of expertise in this group which goes way beyond DIY so I am hoping you can help with this problem. The VHS tape contains a short piece of film that was taken at a...
19
19

Wanker Roofers
We had our roof replaced last November. Today I noticed a crack in the bathroom ceiling has widened and the PB had bulged down no water coming through though. Went up into the loft to check out the...
41
41

Kitchen electrics.
Kitchen fitter is coming to start work at 0800 tomorrow. Complete refurb. I am a little concerned about the electrical work he is going to do, and a couple of mantras he has chanted. The first one is...
16
16

Firewood moisture content
Can you estimate this with an ordinary multimeter? If so, what sort of figures would indicate a moisture level below 20%? I assume meters made for the purpose just measure resistance across a fixed...
31
31

What happened here?
Old car needed the battery charged. Plugged that in via an extension lead from an outside socket - which has an historical RCD just inside the house - from before when I fitted a modern split load CU...
10
10

Are acoustic boards worth double the price....
...if noise is not a massive issue anyway? I'm boarding over a wall, between us and neighbours, noise isn't a massive problem but I can hear them on occasion. Wondered since i'm boarding anyway would...
10
10