Re: Monitor fecking two computers?...is it possible?...

Run a program like:

and check the resolutions / frequencies the monitor works with. In Windows safe mode it should revert to VGA 640x480x60Hz and all monitors should cope with this.

Reply to
Fredxx

I'd imagine it could knocker the video hardware, one reason for using a card rather than on board video. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have seen computers crash when a monitor is plugged in. It turned out that the computer and monitor were connected to sockets with different earth potentials and a lot of current flowed through the motherboard. This was a large open plan office with lines of sockets in the floor with no cross linking of earths between each (very long) linear distribution circuit.

I once worked in a lab in the USA where the earth potentials on opposite sides of the room differed by tens of volts. This caused some "interesting" problems.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker