Samsung computer monitor

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Reply to
Broadback

When you push the buttons what do you see on the screen?

Reply to
Richard

Mine has the model number in faint printing on the top right corner of the front of the bezel.

Could you have missed it?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Are you positive it's the monitor not Windows that is causing it to stop? How do you switch it on again? Is it sufficient to waggle the mouse/touch the keyboard or do you actually have to use the on/off switch?

Reply to
Graham Harrison

If you are running Windows 10, use Settings > Display > Advanced display settings

It should display something like a code for the monoitor - I see PLX2483H (twice) as I have dual Iiyama ProLite X2483HSU-B2 monitors. That should let you find out what monitor you have - if not obvious, search.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

See if you can find it on Google Images.

Reply to
Dave W

+1 Check the windows power saving settings first
Reply to
Robert

Broadback snipped-for-privacy@j-towill.co.uk> wrote

Post a photo of the metal plate on the back with the numbers on it.

Without a model number, too much work.

Reply to
Ray

When you say off, do you really mean off or standby. I was getting this and changing the windows settings stopped it from doing it, but as you say considering the numbers of models there are..... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

When you say off, do you really mean off or standby. I was getting this and changing the windows settings stopped it from doing it, but as you say considering the numbers of models there are..... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Something isn't right here. If it switched off regardless of content, it wouldn't be an adequate monitor, and if it does it's likely faulty. Assuming it only does that when the screen goes black, your OS settings could be set to prevent that. If those aren't useful, a model number is needed really.

Reply to
tabbypurr

It is definitely the monitor not windows. the only way to get it on is activate the "O" switch at the bottom of the screen.

Reply to
Broadback

If you keep being vague I don't see how we can help.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Agreed. And it is widely reported that if Windows can go into some form of quiescent state, then some monitors will switch themselves off. Making a change to settings in Windows is the way of avoiding the issue - ensure Windows keeps communicating with the monitor. Using the monitor power button simply switches it on again so it is active - needing to do so does NOT mean the issue should, or even can, be addressed by monitor settings.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Some Samsung monitors indeed switch off after a certain amount of time, regardless wether there is an input signal or not.

This behavior can be switched off in the OSD menu.

Where exactly in the menu depends on the model. But google should help.

Reply to
Matthias Czech