bloody computers

lost my task bar and vol control etc what do I do ? ....

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

hover the mouse over or touch at the bottom of the screen and it should pop up. Then right click on it and set it to not hide.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Install Linux...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You're Win10 sometimes. You drive multiple computers. I don't really know how many monitors you have.

Winkey-i gets you to Settings if there is no Taskbar to use.

If Winkey-i is not working, you have an icon cache or similar problem. Win10 got rid of most of those bugs a long time ago... unless... you are running a really old Windows 10, one that is out of support. And that can happen when your Windows Update is broke, and you haven't been getting updates since the cows came home. I trust you do take good care of your Win10.

Type in "taskbar" in the search, after the Winkey-i brings up Settings.

[Picture]

While you could set up multiple monitors, when I tried multiple monitors, each monitor had a Taskbar at the bottom.

So that's probably not how you lost the Task Bar, by sitting in front of your "Secondary Monitor" :-)

I think Linux has more options for its Task Bar when you are using multiple monitors.

Just for kicks, this is what it looks like with two monitors, where the second monitor is shifted down to align the Task Bar areas. The Mac-like disappearing taskbar should work on them, if enabled. Here, I'm using my "fake monitor" for the second monitor. It's just a piece of wire with a "blob" on the end that makes a fake monitor.

[Picture]

Paul

Reply to
Paul

but be warned it only solves 99% of computer problems.

Reply to
Animal

Jim gm4dhj ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Top yourself.

Reply to
Rod Speed

not the problem

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

no

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

is that not a bit harsh Rod ?

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

jim.gm4dhj snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Nope, that will certainly fix the problem.

Reply to
Rod Speed

no it won't

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Am 14/06/2023 um 16:03 schrieb Jim gm4dhj ...:

One way ticket to Dignitas in Switzerland?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

This thread should actually be entitled: "bloody computers running Windows" and could be used regularly since a new piece of nonsense seems to be posted here every couple of days.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Corse it will, because all you shit will end up in the tip.

Reply to
Rod Speed

it's all right they have came back bit by bit on their own......magic

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

not the problem

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

Sometime Explorer gets its knickers in a twist.

Assuming Windows 7/10/11

CTRL-ALT-DEL select "task manager"

Look for "Windows Explorer" and kill the process

Now restart Explorer: In Task Manager -> File -> Run New Task

Enter "Explorer" in the "Open" box and hit OK.

Fingers crossed!

Reply to
Fredxx

DON'T BE SILLY

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

OK, tell us by number, which items from 1 to 11 in the following picture, appear on the screen. You can report multiple things like

3,5,7,9,11

to help identify the failure type. If your W10 desktop was normal, the report would look like this.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

Have a go.

[Picture]

The purpose is just to get some idea how bad it is.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Install FreeBSD?