Subject Author Posted Replies

Question re li-ion Batteries
The battery in my Hudl2 tablet is no longer holding it's charge and I'm looking at replacing it. I've found videos showing the procedure, looks straightforward, and eBay has lots of adds for "new"...
10
10

New 'Workmate' recomendations please
My old B&D Workmate had a terminal experience with a Deere by the name of John and needs replacing. The modern replacement appears to be a WM536 but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for...
43
43

Medium-Duty Manual Retractable Awning
Built for ready accessibility and medium-duty luxury, The California Medium -Duty Manual Retractable Awning is great for any setting such as decks and balconies. The California is made to last due to...
2
2

3 port valve question
Hi all, I got called over to the elderly lady across the road today as she said her central heating was coming on along with her hot water. I replaced the timer a good while ago (the plastic had gone...
19
19

video cameras - CCTV
That's all right. Coax and baseband video is better than IP. Oh no, wired every time. No, use a decent low light capable camera and install dawn to dusk visible lighting. Deterrent value exceeds CCTV...
23
23

Totally OT - Recruiting from Overseas (Engineering not crop picking)
Generally, in the UK, things are run to benefit the provider, not the customer. So education policy is really to benefit teachers, health policy is really to benefit doctors, and law and order is to...
59
59

OT: iMac search provider help
Use a different browser - Opera, Firefox...
6
6

Why Professors Are Writing Crap That Nobody Reads
Why Professors Are Writing Crap That Nobody Reads Daniel Lattier, Oct 26, 2016, Intellectual Takeout Org Professors usually spend about 3-6 months (sometimes longer) researching and writing a 25-page...
2
2

Soft-fill cistern issue ?
But why ? Bearing in mind the classic ballcocks also leak over time ...
31
31

Time between sizing and paint
I've put a normal coat on when convenient - usually the next day. Possibly not much advantage with a second coat unless the top coat is cheapo stuff in which case the second mist coat will increase...
7
7

OT: How to 'see' USB drives in HH6 on HD FOX T2
You can presumably use a USB hub to allow access to more than one drive at a time, assuming the Humax software can handle multiple drives. I'd recommend a powered hub. Theo
13
13

Unresearched question - rope blocks or wire ratchet to secure trunk of tree when cutting
I may, of course, need help in the construction of a drive to get the car close enough to the tree. The second problem is that the garden is relatively small and steeply sloping upwards with not...
8
8

Pls Recommend a good Gazebo
I need a decent quality Gazebo or two that will survive putting up and taking down a few times and not blow away in a light breeze. (The el cheapo eBay specials in my experience end up going straight...
5
5

Re: Mis-behaviour of speed limit recognition devices
There is that, of course. :-)

SDS Hammer Drill how hard to push?
SDS Hammer Drill: how hard to push? I'm breaking up concrete, push very hard, quite hard, or not at all? [george]
17
17