Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:van insurance
Everybody probably already knows this but... I had a renewal quote in a letter from Direct Line increasing my annual premium to £463.68 I went on line to Go Compare* and the best comparable quotes...
6
6

Uninterruptible power supplies
I was watching an item on TV about use of batteries to balance the national grid. I have also heard it said that the supply is likely to become less reliable with increased dependence on renewables. I...
70
70

circular saw number of teeth
I have a Royobi EWS1150RS circular saw that came with a 170mm 12 tooth blade. I need to cut down a chipboard kitchen carcass - soft material but needs a clean cut on one side (other side will be...
7
7

Cut the non-DIY political crap, chaps?
This IS a very interesting NG but this morning there were 220 messages waiting and there is no way that I was going to plough through any of them! Moderate, please ! ! !
23
23

Valuable or Tatt?
I have a couple of "porcelean" vase ornaments - from the clearing of the loft. Not sure if they have any value or not. Is ther a site I can upload a photo to to get an opinion from someone...
9
9

Septic Drainfield sabotaged by farmer
We are investigating whether to redig our drainfield for our septic tank or buy a new Septic Sewage treatment plant (before the £100,000 fines from the new General Binding Rules come in on Hanuary...
13
13

Old Age is a Waste
Snip what appears to be a faintly moralistic objection to taking anti-aging medication. Since anti-aging medication (unless it is actually treating an illness you have, when it is not really...
7
7

Click pop up waste..design flaw?
Just curious on others opinions. When you install one of those click pop up waste plugs you can get a good seal at the sink (top end) however when you run water it bypasses the sink seal and can flow...
5
5

OT: Moblie phone delivery scam
I read on Ceefax that a new scam is for a courier to deliver a top of the range mobile phone to you, that you didn't order and have no knowledge of. A short while later, another courier calls at the...
36
36

Re: had my fun...tee hee
Bye, Jim. Best of luck.
4
4

OT: An Absolute Majority to Stay in the Single Market and Customs Union
Imagine the final outcome of Brexit was Britain leaving the European Union with an alternative deal that included remaining in the single market and customs union. Would you consider this to be......
6
6

OT: Further Yougov survey result the One you won't see in "The Telegraph"
A new referendum and a vote to remain Funny how there are no banner headlines about the following result, even on the Yougov web report where its tucked away on page 4 " Imagine the final outcome of...
1
1

Re: Sick transit gloria Mundi
Quite a lot of them in the DIY group have kill filed you, Jim. Perhaps that's why you are not getting many replies?
9
9

Re: Hard right exteremnist didnt set train on fire
Question: Can you have a hard line Centrist? Brian

Royal Mail - Track and Trace fail
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday). but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no Capture pictures, no error, it just does nothing.
14
14