Cut the non-DIY political crap, chaps?

This IS a very interesting NG but this morning there were 220 messages waiting and there is no way that I was going to plough through any of them!

Moderate, please ! ! !

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

no chance same with uk radio amateur....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message <qjtq1c$bjo$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

:-) You need to set your newsreader to Kill on OT in the subject line.

Be nice if I knew how to do it for cross posted groups!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Nobody forces you to read them all. I just go by the subject or sometimes the author. If it's interesting I'll read the thread; if not, I move on to the next one. Quite simple, with the minimum of kill-filing.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

+1

Filtering helps!

John Rumm

It's easy to filter out Gareth.

But people keep replying to him...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Whom do you suggest 'do' the moderation? This is an unmoderated group so anyone can post anything they want . Makes sense to me to post in relevant newsgroups, but 'there is no law against it'.

Reply to
soup

Bob Eager laid this down on his screen :

+1

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The well behaved and considerate will moderate themselves.

Uk.legal and uk.politics.misc would be more appropriate NGs for the political dross spoiling this NG.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

My posts are not targetted at those who are challenged by politeness such as the two quoted above.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Then they should post the political 'crap' there. As I 'said' makes sense TO ME to post to the relevant newsgroup but people can (and do ) do what they want (including posting political crap to a DIY newsgroup). 'There's no law against it.

You can't legislate against stupid

Reply to
soup

Who are you talking to?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any reasonable considerate contributors to this NG

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

So, your disagreement is with people who post non-diy related things like:

"There isn't a B&Q in Calne.

But there is a C, an A, an L, an N and an E."

"Mine is a Nokia N70, code named Rolf after the infamous Mr.Harris"

"Did your Roberts model in 1967 have the turntable on the bottom so that you could orientate for best signal?"

"eg, Why does pussy always go for the bowl of Jellymeat Whiskas?

Because he does not like bowls of iron filings and sawdust."

To quote your last four posts.

Cura te ipsum.

"
Reply to
Roger Breedle

Currently in the UK it is "one person, one vote" . If that isn't saying that politics is DIY, then what is?

Did you vote for Brexit?

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Frankly that is definitely the opposite of "DIY". Can I suggest that if you wish to discuss "not voting" you find an "Anti DIY" group.

Political inactivity can never be described as DIY!!

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Nothing political there in the odd throw-awy comment in response to others' threads.

Perhaps, sonny, you are over-desperate to want to make rude remarks?

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Insofar as you have put a political question to me I will answer it biefly out of courtesy, as follows ... I am totally opposed to what passes for government on Brit which is the festering sore of Monarchy despite claims made to the contrary so never vote.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Nothing diy in there either. In fact you've posted almost no diy since you came here. Most of what you post belongs in uk.humour.puerile .

You're either going to stick to the subject or you're not, unilaterally deciding that one particular branch of OT is verboten makes no sense at all.

Like calling people 'sonny'? What a strange fish you are.

Reply to
Roger Breedle

It happens that The Natural Philosopher formulated :

His imaginary friend(s)?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.