Click pop up waste..design flaw?

Just curious on others opinions. When you install one of those click pop up waste plugs you can get a good seal at the sink (top end) however when you run water it bypasses the sink seal and can flow in to the slots for the overflow, meaning you then have to have a good seal under the sink as the water can run down the connection threads. Thats what happened to mine altough light use of plumbers mait resolved it.
Anyone else had issues with these?
https://imgur.com/ypZosjA

Surely any waste (pop-up or conventional) that goes though a sink / basin that has a built-in overflow will suffer the same 'issue'?
As you say, because a rubber washer doesn't seal the thread, it's very likely to leak, but if the waste is actually sealed into the bottom of the basin, it will only leak when the waste is running (or it's overflowing).
This was something I had to explain to my Mums builder (and I'm only an 'IT Guy'<shrug>).
Cheers, T i m
On 24/08/2019 23:49, T i m wrote:

...who think they know everything....tee hee

Do builders and plumbers ever real the instructions for things thy fit?

This one didn't seem to.
The frustrating thing for me is that when I got there he said 'he'd been trying to stop it leaking all morning', at my Mums cost. ;-(
We eventually sacked him and the Mrs and I finished it off ourselves.
Cheers, T i m
On 24/08/2019 23:00, ss wrote:

Avoid the problem in the first place and use a basin mate
https://www.toolstation.com/basin-mate/p37534
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk